IDS Europe BV or another local entity of our group with whom you contracted* (all together called “IDS” or “we” or “us”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal data gathered from website visitors, customers, dealers, suppliers and other individuals (“you”) in the context of our business activities and on our websites in our function as controller. (*Please verify your contract for further controller identification data.)
In the policy below, we will outline:
- what Personal Data we may collect,
- for what purposes may we use your Personal Data,
- which legal basis we rely on for processing of your Personal Data,
- to whom we may provide your Personal Data,
- how long do we store your Personal Data,
- the rights you have in relation to your Personal Data,
- where you can ask questions and make remarks.
- What Personal Data do we collect?
Through our websites, We will in principle not collect any information relating to you (“Personal Data”), unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us through for example registering, sending us an e-mail enquiry or by filling in a questionnaire. If you do not want your Personal Data collected, please do not submit it to us.
Through our websites (depending on the website you are browsing on) and other measures of contact within our business activities, we may collect the following Personal Data.
- When you contact us by telephone or email, we will collect: your name, telephone number and/or e-mail address
- For providing you with our newsletter, we will need: your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, gender
We may also collect: your current location and IP-address
The places in which we use CCTV are generally “closed places accessible to the public” (e.g. service stations).
We use the CCTV System for surveillance and supervision via a licensed surveillance company (alarm centre or other surveillance company), including:
- management of the alarms centre, with prior video verification
- to prevent, establish and detect crime including fraud or theft (protect our assets, hold up, etc);
- to collect proof of crimes and damage or to identify individuals involved in it
- to monitor the safety of contractors, visitors and customers;
- to monitor the security of our premises; and
In addition, we use the CCTV System for technical and operational purposes such as:
- for verification of transactions;
- for verification of accidents;
- for masking of CCTV footage to protect privacy rights of others, when available;
- information for insurance company regarding incidents at our site: slippery surface, defective pump, wounded customer due to an object at the station, collision between 2 customers
The footage can also be used for combatting fraud or abuse of (safety) rules by customers or suppliers.The surveillance activities are carried out via licensed surveillance companies and where possible for limited own surveillance activities.
Sales points can use surveillance cameras. Images from surveillance cameras shall be registered, processed and stored in compliance with applicable legislation and shall be used for the purposes of (i) surveillance (security objective) and supervision, including prevention, establishment or detection of crimes or other violations and also to track down and identify the culprits, witnesses or victims such as the identification of persons involved in fraudulent use of Cards and systems, nuisances, custom and excise matters and/or (ii) persons or events causing damage to property of members of the Kuwait Petroleum Group, and/or (iii) for technical /operational verifications. The Participant shall timely inform each Cardholder of such camera use.
The footage is stored in accordance with legal requirements unless the footage contains evidence of a crime or damage or to identify offenders and witnesses. The footage may be transmitted to the police, to judicial authorities, alarm centre(s), CCTV installer(s) and to insurance companies for the handling of damage to our properties. Where permitted by law, CCTV Images may also be shared within the Kuwait Petroleum Group as far as these companies are located in the EEA.
Non-Personal Data collected automatically
When you access our websites, we may also collect information that does not relate to you as an individual including but not limited to the type of Internet browser and computer operating system; domain name of the Website from which you came; number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed. We may use this information and share it within the Kuwait Petroleum Group to measure the use of our websites and to improve their content.
- For what purposes do we use your Personal Data and on which legal basis do we rely?
Your Personal Data will be processed when:
- You have provided us a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your wishes.
- We need to process your Personal Data for providing you with the services you ordered or subscribed to.
- The processing is necessary for fulfilling our legitimate interests, in particular: the economic, commercial and financial interests, business continuity, security and confidentiality of customer information and products and the security of digital and physical infrastructure.
- The processing may be necessary to comply with legal obligations resting on IDS as a result of any legislation.
We will use your Personal Data for the following purposes as listed below:
- Sending you newsletters to which you subscribed
If you subscribe with your email address to our newsletters, We will use your email address for sending you newsletters or notifications on the updates of blogposts.
- Sending you marketing material
Additionally we will send you marketing or target you online, sending special offers whether or not relating to future offers or other promotional materials to inform you on the latest novelties of us that may be of interest to you. You will be able to opt out of receiving these communications from us following the unsubscribe link or other instructions provided in the communications that we send.
- Assisting you when you are contacting us by telephone
We need to process the personal data which is necessary for providing the service you asked.
We may also use your Personal Data to:
- contact you about an offer or to satisfy other business needs or to conduct online surveys to understand better the wishes and profiles of our customers.
- better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products or services
- With whom do we share your Personal Data?
Sharing within the group
Since the Kuwait Petroleum Group of companies also operates outside the European Economic Area, the information you submit may be transferred outside the European Economic Area, This and all other transmissions will remain secure and under our sole control. Such transfers are covered by an intra-group agreement which gives specific contractual protections to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within the Kuwait Petroleum Group.
Other third parties
Your Personal Data may for marketing purposes be shared with
- Mailing agencies
- Card suppliers
- Links to other websites?
This website may contain links to other web sites, which are not owned, controlled or maintained by us. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of other Web sites, nor for the execution of this policy, even if :
- you accessed the third party Web site using links from our websites; or
- you linked to our website from a third party Web site.
We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have any concerns or questions.
- How long do we store your Personal Data?
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. This is generally for the duration of any contractual relationship or performance of a certain service and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
- What rights do you have in relation to your Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection legislation you have, under certain conditions, the right to access your Personal data as well as the right to rectify, complete and/or erase incorrect data. If you want to exercise one or more of these rights, please notify us on the e-mail address [email protected] We will then make a reasonable effort to take the following appropriate actions to:
- Provide you with a copy of the data that you have provided us;
- update any inaccuracies in the data we hold;
- delete any data we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
To facilitate our efforts to meet your request, it would be helpful if you could let us know the context in which you provided Personal Data
Furthermore, where processing is based on consent and in relation to any direct marketing you have the right to oppose to the handling of your personal data by request of consent withdrawal. You can also require us to restrict the processing of personal data whilst a complaint is investigated.
You also have the right to object to any processing, including profiling, based on the legitimate interests ground, unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime). If you exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month. We may charge a reasonable fee for "repetitive requests", "manifestly unfounded or excessive requests" or "further copies"
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your data or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to your data protection authority.
Furthermore you can oppose in writing to the handling of your Personal data with respect to direct-marketing and restrict the processing of personal data whilst a complaint is investigated in certain situations. Within the limits of the law you also have the right to transmit those data to another organisation (data portability).
When you view one of our website, we may store cookies and other automated means of data collection. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on the browser of the hard drive of your computer (or similar device) by the websites that you visit (“Cookies”). Cookies can automatically recognize you the next time you visit and they can allow us to tailor a website to better match your interests or to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you choose not to be recognized, please refer to your Internet browser to erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. For more info and details about the cookies used on this website, we refer to the cookie statement https://ids.q8.com/en/cookie-statement on this site.
We reserve the right to amend this policy, if necessary, for example to comply with legislative changes, regulatory changes, new practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by the Supervisory Authority. The most recent version is always available on this link. The date on which this text was last changed can be found in the header of the document. We ensure we will inform you of important policy changes.
- Where can you ask questions and make remarks?
If you have any questions or should like to have more information, you can send an e-mail to [email protected].
You can also send a letter to the following address :
IDS Europe BV
Attn of Customer Service Unit
2595 AR The Hague
IDS Europe BV